Thursday, March 29, 2012

NDAA and My Turning Point

When the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 came out, it really pissed me off.  This was the turning point for me.  This is when I realized I no longer have any trust in the government.  I can no longer assume the government is representing me and my interests.  I can now only assume that the United States government is afraid of the people and willing to slip into law the ability to detain indefinitely US citizens for whatever reason they want to fabricate.  I cannot assume that the ability codified in section 1021 will go unused, or that it was worded incorrectly by mistake.  The reason this section was added was no accident.  There is a reason for this.  Who are they so afraid of?  You?  Me?  The kid that bags your groceries?  The business man who goes to work every day?  90 year old grandma in her nursing home?  I believe they are afraid of all of us, for they have placed every one of us within their scope on the battlefield.

2 comments:

  1. "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."-Thomas Jefferson

    So we still have some liberty left but for how long?
    How long before we start fearing our own government which we formerly were the masters of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obama claimed he didn't like the "citizen" language, but had actually threatened a veto if it wasn't added!

    He opened his mouth and a lie came out - par for the course, but this time.....!!

    This was a line for a lot of people...

    God help us - and GOD SAVE OUR REPUBLIC!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Do so here.